My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #29: "More Often that Not."

Migraine Awareness Month #29: "More Often that Not." Today is Chronic Migraine Awareness Day. People with chronic Migraine have a Migraine more often than not. Think of and share a random act of kindness that you could do for someone with chronic Migraine.

There are times I feel like I have chronic migraine. I have weeks when I get a migraine every day and then I'll go for a week without one (thank heavens!) I'm SO thankful that during the awful weeks, if I take my rescue meds as soon as I feel a headache coming on, I can usually stop it in its tracks. Learned this the hard way, though!

Anyway, I know that when I have a migraine, the last thing I feel like doing is shopping for food and cooking. A kindness for someone with Chronic Migraine would be to take over a prepared dinner that could be kept frozen for one of "those" days. I know I would love to have a homemade meal I could just pop in the oven or microwave and then go to bed while it cooked and not feel guilty about my family not having dinner. If I were really smart, I'd give this gift to myself and prepare some meals ahead of time and freeze them, but, really, what planet are we living on?!!

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

anne taintor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!