My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #21: "Shaking in My Boots."

Migraine Awareness Month #21:  "Shaking in My Boots." What's your biggest Migraine related fear. How do you cope with it? 


 My biggest fear usually involves a major trip or event. The scenario is that I will wake up with a killer migraine (pounding headache, puking, vertigo) and not be able to even get out of bed. My usual meds won't work, and even the dreaded injection doesn't help. The hours are counting down; the departure time is quickly approaching, and I haven't even managed to shower, brush my teeth, or dress yet. This is not a matter of walking zombie-like through the day but of a complete inability to function. Panic sets in. I'm going to ruin everything for this big event/trip that has been planned for so long. What do I do now?!!

How do I cope with this fear? I have yet to totally conquer this one. Although we've never actually had to cancel a trip due to one of my migraines, and I've never bailed on an event, this scenario continues to haunt me. I get very anxious before upcoming trips. It's become a sort of joke in our house that Mom gets crazy before a trip. I try to do as much as possible beforehand, so that there is little last minute preparation, just in case I need to sleep in or don't feel well. This includes a wild cleaning frenzy because I hate coming home to a dirty house. Thank goodness I have an understanding family!
hyperbole and a half.com

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!