My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Friday, June 25, 2010

Dirty Thoughts

Floors swept? Check. Sheets washed? Check. Laundry done? Check. Bathrooms clean? Check. Upstairs, downstairs, AND basement vacuumed? Check. Fridge cleaned out? Check. Recycling done? Check. Sink clean? Check. Dishes clean? Check. Miscellaneous detritus of life removed from counters, coffee tables, end tables, and floors? Almost....

Guess who's going on vacation soon? Guess who's REALLY going to need one after this frantic flurry of fanatical cleaning? A major pet peeve of mine is coming home from a trip to a dirty, disorganized house. It's depressing and makes me want to cry. So, I go all OCD before trips making sure EVERYTHING is clean and tidy. It's so clean by the time departure rolls around that I hate to leave! My house is NEVER as clean as it is before trips, and I will be the first to admit that I may drive my family a tad crazy to get it that way. Oh well, I'm the Mom. Want dinner? Deal with my neuroses!http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

2 comments:

  1. Dave from the "male" roomJune 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM

    Honey, I totally agree with cleaning the house before a long vacation - but geez, we're only going to Wal Mart!

    (just kidding, hee hee!)

    P.S. Undie dog just threw up in your suitcase.

    ReplyDelete

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!