My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's WAR!!!

"You lookin' at me?"

The war is on! Sheri vs. the evil squirrel empire (Part...I lost count). Those rabid little psychopaths have been swinging maniacally from my seed feeder all winter and scattering sunflower seeds all over the ground to eat (and I WILL get photographic evidence of this, despite their uncanny ability to scamper away the minute I point a lens at them). They may have won the birdseed battle, but now the war is really ON! It's hummingbird season, and I just hung my feeder full of nectar. I am determined to look out of my kitchen window and gaze contentedly upon the graceful beauty of a hummingbird sipping from my feeder and NOT have my sight assaulted by a furry, fat rodent dangling clumsily off my hummingbird feeder, tipping it backward to drunkenly chug my carefully concocted sugar water and spill it all over the deck to attract armies of ants! This summer I may just allow Soni the attack poodle to chase them away. They'll be running for their mortal little lives! HA! This summer I WILL NOT coddle them by offering the squirrels their own dish of sugar water near the trees in the vain hope that they will leave my hummingbird feeder alone. They're a squirrel mafia! Give them a little; they demand more and more until they own you! No, I must take back my yard from these fluffy tailed delinquents! I'm ready; I'm mad; I will not fear the squirrels!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dave from the "male" roomSeptember 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM

    I have always felt that the NRA is frighteningly, excessively powerful lobby in this country. I have no issue with people going deer or quail hunting with rifles, but that has nothing to do with allowing someone to own semiautomatic weapons like TEC-9s or AK 47s! That is, until I thought of the squirrels.......

    ReplyDelete

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!