My photo
Poetry and snark blogger who also has a creative side (who knew?)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Immigration and Cookie Dough

2 things that are just wrong: the new Arizona immigration law and eating raw cookie dough! Arizona has just passed a new immigration law that mandates law enforcement to stop and question anyone they "suspect" of being an illegal immigrant. It also requires legal immigrants to carry their papers on them at all times to prove their immigration status. Can you say "setup" for racial profiling and harassment? Que stupido! (did I say that right?) Whom do you think the police are going to suspect of being an illegal immigrant, Trevor Harrison Fairnsworth, III or Juan Jesus de Marquez? And whom do you suspect the police are going to hassle if found without id? Some yuppy WASP or a young hispanic guy? Why don't we just make all the hispanics wear big Hs pinned to their clothing to identify them like the Jews had to do in Nazi Europe? You gotta keep an eye on those foreigners, just sayin'.

Also, it's just GROSS to eat raw cookie dough! Hasn't anyone heard of salmonella! I know my husband, the doctor, has, but does that stop him? Every year, I buy cookie dough through school fundraisers, and have I gotten to bake a single cookie? No, I have not! My family eats the entire package of cookie dough raw. They like it better that way. Philistines.

3 comments:

  1. there is nothing wrong with eating raw cookie dough!!! It's DEE-licious! I'd write more about it but I gotta run to the bathroom......
    Love, your husband the doctor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Questions:
    If someone cut you in line when you went to the snack bar at the Cinema & you missed half the movie, would you..............?
    If you were on a long waiting list for housing & someone was put ahead of you, would you.......?
    If you were waiting in a long line at Disneyworld & people kept cutting you in the waiting line......would you?
    I try to put my shoes on the other feet & think of the immigrants that are waiting to become citizens the legal way.
    Just my thoughts. :0) (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave from the "male" roomSeptember 25, 2010 at 1:46 PM

    This is one of my faves because the two subjects have absolutely nothing to do with each other! I really think that it could/should be a lot easier to enter legally and become citizens - I can't help but think that big business is deliberately standing in the way of this so that they can underpay the illegals. If we made it too easy for them to come in the country then big business would have to pay out more $$ which of COURSE is unthinkable!

    ReplyDelete

Rant with me. Come on, you know you want to!